points - Details)
This comprehensive guide to this unique and wildly popular fitness tool is the first just for women and provides easy to follow instructions, clear photographs, and extensive information on the kettlebell.
No gym required—with a small investment in the kettlebells equipment, these sculpting, toning, and cardio fitness workouts are great for both beginners and advanced exercisers.
Lorna Kleidman—the U.S.A.’s first International Master of Kettlebell Sport—will teach you:
• The differences between dumbbells and kettlebells
• How the kettlebell’s shape enables endless variety of movement patterns
• Sport-specific exercises to enhance performance
• Where to buy kettlebells and which kettlebells are best for your fitness level
• Basic nutritional guidelines for a more effective workout
Kettlebell workouts are more effective than traditional dumbbell routines, plus they yield better results in less time. The kettlebell’s center of mass extends beyond the hand and more muscle groups are utilized in the swinging and movement of a kettlebell than during the lifting of dumbbells. The momentum generated by the kettlebell also reduces stress on the joints and minimizes the chance for injury.